Italian Chicken Bake
When I am cooking on RTE, it is always a great day! I created this delicious tray bake and I think for an easy family dinner this is brilliant. You can create this the night before and just before the hustle and bustle of the kids landing in the door you can pop this in the oven and the magic will happen with all the ingredients. I will be serving this with some simple salad but you can change this to pasta, rice, cous cous , polenta or quinoa!
- Serves 4
- 275 kcals per portion approx
- 3 x chicken breasts
- 1 x jar of passata(400g)
- 5 x cloves of garlic
- 1 x red pepper chopped
- 1 x red onion
- 1 x vegetable stock cube
- 20ml balsamic vinegar
- 8 x basil leaves
- 2 x light buffalo mozzarella packs
- Sea salt and black pepper.
- Simply mix all of your ingredients except the mozzarella in a steel bowl and make sure the chicken is well coated.
- Place in your tray and slice your mozzarella.
- Bake your chicken for 20 minutes @200 degrees Celsius.
- Take your tray out and place your mozzarella on top neatly and cook for the final 25
- Sprinkle some basil leaves on top and sea salt.
Mixed Leaf Salad
The key to a salad is only dress the leaves just as they are ready to go and a dressing should never soak the leaves as the vinegar will make the leaves limp and damp. It should coat the leaves and not soak!
- 200g rocket
- 40g parmesan grated
- 15ml olive oil
- 5ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 x pear julienned
- Salt and pepper
- Combine your oil, vinegar and salt and pepper. This is a tempory emulsion so this needs to be shaken just before use
- Place your ingredients in a bowl and mix when you are ready mix well