Spicy tuna & tomato pasta with lemon & basil
When it comes to our cupboards, I can nearly be sure that we have some chopped tomatoes, pasta and tuna! Often we think we have nothing in the house to eat but if we head to the cupboard we have so many options! With this dish, it is easy, fresh, budget and family friendly and can be batch cooked. So, is that a win- win? Tuna is rich in protein , B- complex vitamins and healthy omega essential fatty acids! Let’s get cooking!
(vegetarian on removal of tuna)
- 2 x tbsp olive oil
- 1 x red onion diced
- 1 x red pepper diced
- 3 x cloves garlic minced
- 1 x red chilli diced
- 400g dried pasta
- 100g spinach shredded
- Bunch basil shredded
- 30g parmesan
- 50g mascarpone
- 1 x tin chopped cherry tomatoes
- Zest & juice of one lemon
- Sea salt and black pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 x tins of tuna in brine/water
- 1 x tsp capers
- Cook your pasta as per packet instructions
- As your pasta is cooking start making the sauce. Heat your pan and add in your olive oil.
- Sauté your onions, garlic & chilli and add in your pepper.
- Add in your passata sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in your drained tuna and lightly stir.
- Pour in your juice & zest.
- Stir in your mascarpone and add in your pasta and capers.
- Add a small spoon of pasta water.
- Stir in your parmesan.
Trisha's Top Tips
- For a glossy sauce, spoon in some pasta water.
- Serve with a crisp green salad